Coastal Home Care

800-617-1126 / 912-354-3680
 

Scroll Down for Our News

Seeking Scheduling Coordinator

Posted by: maura | October 2, 2018
Seeking Scheduling Coordinator

Scheduling Coordinator for Developmentally Disabled and Aging Services, Augusta

Job Description:
If you enjoy working with people, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment, CHC Scheduling Coordinator may be the job for you. The Scheduling Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to place the right Coastal Caregiver for a client in a schedule that accomodates both client and caregiver. Other CHC staff recruit and hire our Coastal Caregivers; the Coordinator’s job is to select from the pool of available caregivers to get all client cases covered, and covered well. More than 80 percent of of a Scheduling Coordinator’s time is spent conversing with clients and caregivers on the telephone. The remaining 20 percent includes updating schedules in our computer program. Scheduling Coordinators must think fast, be accurate, and be really good with people. Coastal Home Care provides assistance to people with disabilities so that they can remain happy and independent in their homes. Because the very important work that we do, Coastal Home Care expects a lot from our employees. In return, however, our employees enjoy respect, a fun working environment, and plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Job Summary:
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for staffing support for individuals with physical, intellectual and developmental disabilities. Cases must be staffed timely, thoroughly, and with great consideration of caregiver appropriateness for our clients and their varied needs. Time is of the essence to ensure positive outcomes, and the Scheduling Coordinator will experience episodes of stressful activity, especially when caregivers cancel previously scheduled shifts. Duties include a significant amount of telephone communication with caregivers and clients, creating and modifying electronic schedules, and ensuring that caregivers submit the proper documentation for services that have been provided. Customer service is a top priority.

Qualifications:
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (some college preferred).
• 3 years of experience in an office environment with a strong focus on customer service.
• Ability to develop successful working relationships with caregivers, clients and co-workers.
• Must be proficient in computer use.
• Must possess excellent communication and telephone skills.
• Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
• Acceptable criminal background investigation and MVR report.
• Valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
• Home care experience and knowledge of Medicaid waiver programs is appreciated.
• Experience working with individuals diagnosed with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities is a plus.

Click HERE to apply for the Scheduling Coordinator position.

Click HERE to learn more about Coastal Home Care.